Applications for our January 2020 intake are now open!
What is it?
An intensive, one-year structured Master’s degree aimed at giving students a strong and broad base in advanced, state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence. It is a taught degree programme with modules:
- Mathematics for Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Modelling and Reasoning
- Foundations of Deep Learning
- Applied Machine Learning at Scale
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Reinforcement Learning and Planning
- Sequence Modelling
- Advanced Probabilistic Modelling
- Optimisation for Machine Learning
- Monte Carlo Methods
- Artificial Intelligence and the Brain
- Advanced Topics in ML and AI I
- Advanced Topics in ML and AI II
- Research Project
The programme will serve as a springboard into PhD programmes or the high-tech industry. It is aimed at students with a strong mathematical background, and in particular:
- students who wish to pursue a PhD research degree in ML or AI, and need a world-class foundation of the relevant fundamentals;
- students who wish to apply sophisticated ML and AI techniques in other fields (like Physics, Astronomy, Bioinformatics, Geoinformatics, Genetics, etc.);
- students who wish to start or be involved in innovative, high-tech startups;
- practitioners who are working as data scientists or ML/AI developers in industry, and need to be equipped with a technically deeper base to build advanced technologies;
- international students seeking an MSc degree equivalent to top-tier universities in the US or Europe, at a more affordable cost (and those seeking an African experience).